Passionate About Life | My PAL

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Family | One Year Ago

Singapore General Hospital | Ariel View
Has it been a year already?

Wow... that was what Dr. Ooi Swee Boon said to Dad today.

I took leave off work today to accompany my Dad to Singapore General Hospital Clinic D for his colorectal surgery follow-up.

This time around, my 2nd Sister and her husband offered to fetch Mom and Dad from theri home to SGH Clinic D. My son and I went straight from home to meet them there.

The appointment was at 10:00am, but because we arrived late due to the morning traffic, Dad got to see him at 10:15am instead. Queue number 1000.

All seems good. Colorectal Surgent Dr. Ooi who operated on Dad, was pleased with what he saw. Dad really has improved significantly since his last follow-up 6 months ago.

SGH Clinic D | Clinical Lab K21The blood test was not done. It was suppose to be done at Tampines Polyclinic a week before this follow-up, but we totally forgotten about it. So it had to be done today, right after the check-up.

As a precautionary measure, Dad has to go for colonoscopy slated to be this coming Monday, 19 June 2006 at 8:45am. We are to go to Block 7 Room 77 for the 10 minutes procedure.

It will cost S$400.00, but all are deductable using Dad's Medisave fortunately.

Went to Room 11 for a queue number 008. Did have to wait long, just about 3 minutes and Dad was given an appointment and briefing to prepare a night before for the colonoscopy.

Like the first time, he has to clear his bowels using the medication to induce bowel movement. So he will start taking the medication at 8:00pm the night before with 2 litres of water.

No meat, fruits or vegetables meals for lunch and dinner. Just fish porage, lots of water and a cup of either coffee or tea, but without milk.

We then proceed to Room K21 for his blood withdrawal. Another queue number 0067. Within 10 minutes his blood was drawn and we were ready to have our early lunch.

SGH Clinical Lab K21 | Dad's Blood WithdrawnHad our lunch at the Kopi Tiam cafeteria in the hospital.

Dad, Mom, Sis and her husband had other plans at 3:00pm today. We were suppose to part from there, but Mom and Dad wanted to tag along, shopping.

All 6 of us squeezed into his car to Carrefour at Suntec City Tower 4 with a very happy mood for some shopping!

I have promised my son to get him a bicycle for his 11th birthday. Carrefour has the best selection of bikes, if I ever saw one.

My son received a gift from his grandparents. He was estatic.

The day went very well. I would go on gloating with happiness, but rather stop here.

We will meet again, sooner than you think. In fact, the date is set 2 days from now, on Saturday, 17 June 2006.

Mom has her physiotherapy session at TTSH in the morning. I have to take her there and Dad requested for me to be with him on Monday, 19 June 2006 for his colonoscopy.

Busy, busy schedule I have, but all worth it when I get their smiles for me in return... priceless.

3 Comments:

  • Sounds like you have a very close knit family. I like that. Hope all goes well with your dad.

    By Blogger wandi, at Friday, June 16, 2006 10:31:00 am  

  • Well, this is the cheapest move you'll ever have! You didn't have to buy the new site and you didn't have to rent a truck! :)
    You talked about your son - that he's 11. My son turned 11 last week. Interesting age, isn't it?

    By Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart, at Saturday, June 17, 2006 8:03:00 am  

  • Hello Both,

    Thanks for coming in.

    Wandi | We are very close and support for each other goes both ways.

    Like you, I am very fortunate to have these two as parents. Through thick and thin, they have been great to all their children.

    Andrew | I agree with you totally! Free stuff always feel the best.

    I'm going 40 and my son just turned 11. Something we share in common.

    11 is the age of "discovery," should be an interest year for us both.

    Have a great week with your loved ones! Stay happy.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at Thursday, June 22, 2006 1:26:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home