Passionate About Life | My PAL

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Family | Under The Weather

Tampines St71 Covered Walkway Dark Skies
Spent all of Saturday to prep some of the display stuff for Wify's shop with the intention to revamp it today.

It is Sunday today. A very wet weekend it has become.

Wify unfortunately came back last night with a sore throat and aching joints. She was coming down with the flu, it seemed.

Oh no! I have reserved all the energy and prepared all the items, packed and ready to go to her shop early this morning with her today. Guess we have to cancel...

And canceled, we did.

Tampines Street 71 Covered WalkwayI worked up till pass 1:00am last night finishing what was needed to bring over, but woke up at 8:30am this morning instead.

Wify woke up sick!

We were suppose to leave the house at 7:30am, be at the shop at about 8:am to start tearing down the present display and do our much anticipated and not to mention... anxious revamp, but not today.

Funny thing too though, when my son came back from the playground yesterday afternoon with a sprained right toe.

It was still swollen this morning, but not as bad as yesterday.

Fortunately nothing was broken. Unfortunately, tomorrow is his first day of school of after a month-long June school holiday.

So... this weekend, I am tending to 2 "incapacitated" angels.

Wify managed to clean the house a bit. Hung-up the clothes to dry in the service balcony even though I told her to just rest.

Son is stuck in his room for a couple of days it seems... immobilized from playing outside. His play mate today is NeoPets PC game and Xbox to fill his last remaining holiday hours.

And I... well, read blogs, write blogs and go out to buy breakfast, lunch and dinner at one go today.

SBS Service 293 Welcomed Greetings On A Wet DayTo remember what I lack to describe, I took photos along the way to while I was out buying food.

I decided to go to Tampines Street 81 market place and grab some groceries too.

The bus driver greeted everyone as each of us boarded. That was indeed a welcomed gesture.

A nice feeling to an otherwise dull, wet and dreary-looking day.

It sure was wet today.

The sky was dark grey, promising to rain the whole day while it was pouring out... cleansing mother earth, "healing it self" a friend puts it.

But everything moved and everyone went about their routine just like any normal Sunday.

People still went out to the market in droves, and had breakfast at coffee shops.

The market was alive and buzzing with shoppers. Even more "packed," when people were cramped and confined to the dry sheltered corridors and walkways, away from the rain... but live goes on.

Tampines Street 81 Market View From The Bus Stop
I was so gung-ho to do the revamp, anxious too, because I am hoping that what I have planned to place to be an look like once it is finish really works.

I had all the ideas and concept written down (even in my blog) and all the work is done. Now only the execution part.

All the measurements made, the little display boards that I conjured-up from corrugated plastic boards, the floor to ceiling posts that should hold the whole earring display rack-up... every little detail that I could imagine and every little faults that may go wrong been thought through.

Guess it is much easier if you were to give it to a professional decor to do our shop, but it is a little start-up shop, with very little budget if you can call it that. So for now, everything is a Do-it-yourself.

It is with much satisfaction if I can pull this off. It has to work, because everyday is money spent on the rent when the shop closes for any of my revamp mistakes.

Tampines Avenue 8 View From Bus Coming Home
Well, that will be next weekend. For now, 2 sick angels to the rescue before I go to work tomorrow. Wonder if I can go to the gym today?...

Man! Start of another workweek. Sigh...

2 Comments:

  • Get well soon Imrans angels. I hope you don't come down with the bug too. You know how it goes in families. I always taught my kids to share, but they always seemed to share the sick bugs too. Have a good week.

    By Blogger wandi, at Monday, June 26, 2006 8:30:00 am  

  • Hello Wandi,

    Thanks for the well wishes.

    You are right, we tend to get infected. Either my son or my wife will get catch cold first, then it will be "shared" among them, unfortunately.

    They get it and get well fast. I tend to not share it easily with them, but when I do, I will become the biggest baby in the family.

    I am ashamed of this but I will need lots of TLC from Wify when I am at my "weakest."

    I don't want to "share" it this time!

    Have a good week and flu-less months ahead!

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at Tuesday, June 27, 2006 9:08:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home